- Super smart – but not arrogant or condescending about it, respects my intelligence and pushes me to grow
- Gives a shit about the world – votes every year, cares about and has an opinion on what is going on in the world, cares about others’ rights, others’ humanity
- A great kisser. We have to be physically compatible, he has to be a giver and not just a taker.
- A nice voice. There is something about some men’s voices that can just send my heart racing, send shivers through my entire body.
- Strong. Not like bodybuilder strong, but like strong enough that I feel safe when he wraps his arms around me Continue reading My Perfect Man
Finally was able to get all of my poetry that was trapped in the world of Myspace! So I will be posting them here one at a time….starting with one of my favorites I had thought may be lost forever!
My love for you is a clear, crisp vision in my head
I don’t know how to articulate into words,
but just so you can grasp its depth, I will make a futile attempt.
You are “the one” but not in the way I once thought,
you are not my soul mate, not “the one” I am meant to spend the rest of my life with.
You are the one who helped me learn so many life lessons, Continue reading You Are The One
I just had a realization, an epiphany. I don’t want to date right now, I LIKE being single. This may come as a shock to those who have heard me complain about my perpetual singlehood – but I am pretty sure I was sad over not still having the very specific person I was in love with in my day-to-day life any more, and not having the future that I had dreamt of with them. I think I was delusional to think if I just put myself out there enough and went on enough dates I would find somebody I could have that same thing with. I will never have that same thing again. That is the thing with great love stories – you can’t repeat them or mimic them. They are unique and special and wonderful and marvelous things that change and transform you. They will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always be forever grateful for the intimate moments shared and for the lessons learned, about myself, about life, about love. Continue reading Lacking in Romantic Motivation