- Super smart – but not arrogant or condescending about it, respects my intelligence and pushes me to grow
- Gives a shit about the world – votes every year, cares about and has an opinion on what is going on in the world, cares about others’ rights, others’ humanity
- A great kisser. We have to be physically compatible, he has to be a giver and not just a taker.
- A nice voice. There is something about some men’s voices that can just send my heart racing, send shivers through my entire body.
- Strong. Not like bodybuilder strong, but like strong enough that I feel safe when he wraps his arms around me Continue reading My Perfect Man
I just had a realization, an epiphany. I don’t want to date right now, I LIKE being single. This may come as a shock to those who have heard me complain about my perpetual singlehood – but I am pretty sure I was sad over not still having the very specific person I was in love with in my day-to-day life any more, and not having the future that I had dreamt of with them. I think I was delusional to think if I just put myself out there enough and went on enough dates I would find somebody I could have that same thing with. I will never have that same thing again. That is the thing with great love stories – you can’t repeat them or mimic them. They are unique and special and wonderful and marvelous things that change and transform you. They will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always be forever grateful for the intimate moments shared and for the lessons learned, about myself, about life, about love. Continue reading Lacking in Romantic Motivation
So, I started online dating. I’ve dabbled in it here and there before, but initially I was trying to push myself to start dating after my last breakup WAY before I was ready to. Also, it can be a bit overwhelming. I have never understood how people could carry on affairs outside of a monogamous relationship or marriage or how they could just date multiple people at once even if they were open about it – the mental juggling involved is too much for me. I found online dating to be a bit like what I imagine that would be like. You’re giving a little piece of yourself to multiple people all at the same time, instead of focusing on one person and giving them all of that energy, which is what I ultimately prefer.
Continue reading Online Dating, Maybe…Maybe Not