Ok, this is a much less relevant topic to me now than it was just a few years ago. However, anyone who knows me knows that for much of my life my hopes and dreams centered around falling in love, getting married, building a partnership, and building a family. Continue reading Marriage and being liberal
- Super smart – but not arrogant or condescending about it, respects my intelligence and pushes me to grow
- Gives a shit about the world – votes every year, cares about and has an opinion on what is going on in the world, cares about others’ rights, others’ humanity
- A great kisser. We have to be physically compatible, he has to be a giver and not just a taker.
- A nice voice. There is something about some men’s voices that can just send my heart racing, send shivers through my entire body.
- Strong. Not like bodybuilder strong, but like strong enough that I feel safe when he wraps his arms around me Continue reading My Perfect Man
Stare at profile after profile
Word after word
Stabs at humor, failed attempts to seem woke,
Acronyms I have to google
Pictures with dogs, fish, babies
Pictures perfectly posed in front of cliché travel icons
Lists of the prerequisite things everyone must like;
I want to write a novel, an essay,
a work of literary brilliance…
yet I cannot untangle the weeds in my head,
the thoughts of you that ensnare every other thought,
the what’ifs that choke the life out of every other dream.